Sunday, November 25, 2012

my priorities this summer




my family and friends

our health and happiness

drinking lots of filtered water

exercise

our home

spending lots of time in, on and beside the water

Last summer I spent a lot of time hand watering our vegetable garden. I would be out there watering while the boys were swimming at the beach. I felt annoyed that I was doing this, while they were having fun. It was my decision to do it, but I was still annoyed. 

NOT this summer. This summer I'm going to be in the water with them.

A few weeks ago I made a decision to leave the vege garden for now. My hubby has some things planted and he is watering those, plus the things I had already planted. The thing is, we can't do everything. We can try, but it will leave us exhausted. This was a huge decision for me, but I'm finding with the studying I'm doing, that it was all too much. It was hard to let go, but for the sake of my health and happiness, I needed to. Instead, I have a few veges and herbs planted in pots and I will extend this a little bit. I 'm also buying fresh, local, organic veges from some friends that have recently started their own business growing organic veges. It's the perfect solution, for me, now, at this point in time. 

What are your priorities at this time of the year?

Is there any thing you could let go of at the moment? Are you trying to do too much?

We only have one life, and we deserve to make it the best life, for us, that we can imagine. 

The photo above is of our little 20 foot trailer sailor. She has been in our garage over winter. The boys launched her into our local river this morning ready for some summer fun. I met them out there and had a paddle in the water and did some yoga  onboard our little girl. The perfect way to spend a Sunday morning. 

This afternoon it will be study, study, study as I have an exam this week for my course. 

Take care,

love Julie xxoo








3 comments:

  1. Spending time on your boat must have been lovely. I think you are making a good decision, we have to prioritize what is important to us. As you said we only have one life and it is up to us to figure out how to enjoy it and make the most of it.

    Hope the studying went well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our priorities are much the same Julie..we have realised what is important and what we can afford to let go and it's freeing!
    x

    ReplyDelete