Sunday, November 4, 2012

creating space



I've decided to call this month my 'creating space' month. 

Last week I noticed my life was starting to get a bit too busy for me. I lay awake in the early hours of Friday morning thinking. Thinking about the busyness in my life. This is a bit of a habit of mine that can sometimes creep up on me if I'm not careful.

If I'm not paying enough attention, I start to push more and more into my days. I try to jam as much as I can in, there is so much I want to do.

On Friday morning, while everyone else was still asleep, I thought through this and I came up with a plan.

The plan is to complete the most essential tasks  in my day. The washing, washing up, bed making, cleaning, meal preparation, my study.

The tasks that are not essential.....I'm just going to let them go. Or maybe I'll do them later, but only if I feel like it. I'm not going to bust myself.

The plan is to also add in some fun things to do, the things that make me happy. Spending time with family and friends, exercise, rest, playing games with the boys, going to the beach.

If I'm not careful, my life can become all work and no play. By being mindful, I can catch this early, and I can change things, so that my life is what I want it to be. 

The other area I'm creating more space in, is our home. 

When our home is clean, tidy and clutter free, I feel more free, more calm and relaxed. This is how I want our home to be. I'm working on it, in baby steps, step by step.

How about you?

Do you have a word or a goal for the month?

xxoo Julie


4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful idea to me, Julie:) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think so too Kim. You are an inspiration to me! xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do let us know how you get on...what you find works and what doesn't...I think this problem is fairly endemic to those of us who's home and 'place of work'is one and the same, so any discovery you make will be celebration for everyone struggling to find that balance. I had to smile when you were mentioning how much more relaxed you feel when the house is clean....I was trying to explain this to the husband but he couldn't understand why I couldn't just "forget about it and put my feet up"- despite my assertion I couldn't find the couch to sit on under the laundry to be folded...evidently he assumed one would just sort of lie on top lol

    ReplyDelete