Thursday, September 13, 2012

decluttering the back veranda

Our back veranda area was getting to me, it was too cluttered. It is the place I go to to have some quiet time, to eat some of my meals and to read or study. I couldn't relax there with all that clutter, so I've had a blitz there today. I didn't mind doing it because I like being outside and it was nice and cool today, but now that it's done it feels awesome. It feels so good when you have a good tidy up doesn't it?

This is the back of our home. I wanted to have a window on the left hand side to create balance but the room on the left would have been too hot. I would like to put one of those metal pictures on the wall there where there should be a window, in my opinion. I'm thinking that that might balance things out a bit.


Behind the table here, are my boxes of seedlings. They don't look wonderful here, but it is the best place for them for now.


The wine barrels, I often talk about, sitting each side of our back door.


Some herbs and flowers are in these pots. I had a lot more pots sitting in various places on the veranda but I moved some away. Some of them I didn't even like. I don't know why I kept them there for so long. The BBQ is under the black cover.



My seedlings. I love growing things from seed.


The new seedlings in the new wine barrel growing really well.



I love having these plants outside this window. I love looking at them. Our computer desk sits near this window so it's something nice to look at.


I love looking at other people's homes and what they have been doing, so I thought I'd share this with you. Hope you enjoyed it. xxoo

8 comments:

  1. I love a good clean out. This weeks I've made a start on decluttering. It's quite addictive.
    I love the shape of your home. Is it 2 story or really high ceilings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Our home has very high ceilings. I love the feeling of space it brings. It is a bit difficult changing light bulbs and putting new batteries in the smoke alarm though : ). xxoo

      Delete
  2. It looks lovely, I would love to have a cup of tea with you there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kim. I would LOVE to have a cup of tea out there with you. When are you coming? : ). xxoo

      Delete
    2. I would love to have a cup of tea with both of you out there:) x

      Delete
    3. Wouldn't that be lovely!! xxoo

      Delete
  3. Looking lovely, Julie. so cleand and fresh and those seedlings are doing so well. you're inspiring me. Can't wait to start my garden ... very soon. x

    ReplyDelete